Friday, November 8, 2013

Platinum...Love forever.....

Short Story for 'PLATINUM DAY OF LOVE'-Indiblogger.in

 

‘Bangalore’ AHA!!

I landed in this city at last, with ‘should I’ or ‘should I not’ fight with myself I finally decided ok I will go. With a thought that, that incident that made me hate the city was just a part of life not the life itself.

Since I got the job offer from this city, I was in constant dilemma weather to accept it and go for it or just give it a pass and wait for another opportunity.

“Are you nuts?”

This was the reaction of my friends when I told them about the offer. But it was not possible for me to make them understand why I don’t want to go.

“See! The point is if you want to go-ahead in your life, then you have to forget about little things and move on” was the statement of my dear best friend. Think about this you are getting a chance to move ahead and grow professionally, now it is up to you, weather you want to grab the opportunity and move on or you still just want to hang up there with those phases of your life which have no identity. Think with your mind and let the heart go to rest for a while.”

 I thought about what he said and decided to let go the past and move ahead. Next day I booked the tickets and I was off to Bangalore. Delhi to Bangalore flight takes approximately two and half hours. Before boarding the flight, I promised my friend that I will not think about what happened with me in Bangalore long back, but I could not stop my mind wandering back to the thoughts of Adih and all the time I spent with Adih.

Adih proposed me for marriage on the eleventh day from the day we met.

“Here this is for you”

“What’s this? Are you proposing me…ha ha ha?”

“Yes” he said and gave me little red box, the box contained the bright white bands, the two identical bands.

“Is it Platinum, it’s awesome?”


“No, it’s not Platinum, just a replica, the day I will present Platinum ring to you will be the day I will marry you, this is just a reminder of that day” and he was smiling all over.

 “But! why do we need to have props in our life, it’s our life, we Love each other, we are and will always be there for each other then why do we need these props or show off of love”

“No! it’s not show off, the platinum bands are bright moon like circles on our fingers that will be reminder of the fact that we belong to each other and will always be no matter what, look at that moon it has aura of its own and an identity of its own, so the ring on our finger will have identity of its own that we belong to each other and are always there for each other no matter what, I Love you my dear”

“I Love you too” I smiled and with the assurance for life in our eyes and heart we went for a walk in the moon light night hand in hand. Love was in the air and made an aura around both of us; we were together till death does us apart.

But maybe the time was not right for us, Adih and I got apart and I moved to Delhi.

Sitting in the reception area and waiting for my turn for interview for me was like waiting for something good to happen for years and years. I promised to myself that I will work in this only if the and salary was appealing to me.

My name was called and I went inside, there were three chairs of interviewers. I took my seat and the session of question and answers started. After almost one and half hour they said they have short-listed me and I have to wait for another ten min as their senior person will take the interview and will make the final decision. My name was called up and I went inside, he offered me chair, I could only hear the voice there was no one and then I heard someone talking on the mobile.

I was busy arranging my papers but I did not look at him. He came and sat on the chair and he asked me my name, we looked at each other and next moment I got up from my chair and ran as fast as I can out of the that cabin and then that office. I knew he was following me, “Anika! Stop please stop, please listen to me, just once listen to me”

“Adih, there is nothing left to talk about, you and I have separate lives now, Please leave me alone”

“No! You have to listen to me, just give me”.

And he held my hand tightly and said,” that day I said dad suggested to meet a girl, but that does not mean I was definite about seeing a girl for marriage, I wanted to give you surprise about my job but you did not give me time and surprised me with just eloping out of my life. Did not even gave me time to keep my point.”

“Anika, I Love you how I can think about anyone else”.

“I was scared about you leaving me and good buys so I decided to move on” I said.

“But what about Love, ok done is done”.

He dropped to his knees and took a little box out of his pocket,” Anika will you marry me, and please don’t say no as I have waited for too long for this”.

 And as he promised he gave me Platinum ring with a promise to be with me always.

Love is forever and today Adih proved that. And Platinum Ring was like as he said ‘reminder of us belonging to each other.



#shortstory 

#randomthoughts

 

 

8 comments:

Please do not add any spam link in the comment box, Thanks.